Further Donbass conflict escalation by Ukraine confirms its withdrawal from “Additional Measures” – DPR
December 10, 2020 16:10
Donetsk, Dec 10 – DAN. The mounting aggression of Ukrainian troops in Donbass shows Kiev’s reluctance to fulfil the Package of Additional Measures to Strengthen the Ceasefire, approved by the Contact Group this summer, the Donetsk People’s Republic Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
The “Additional Measures” have been in force since July 27, 2020. The document bans the use of all weapons, deployment of hardware, special operations, engineer works and unmanned aerial vehicles flights. Ukrainian troops regularly violate these accords. In the latest incident, Kiev army units fired more than 40 mortar rounds at DPR southern areas overnight to Thursday.
“These facts (strikes) show in the first place that Ukraine, despite its statements on completing all the assignments following the jointly approved Paris summit results continues to commit grossest violations of the Minsk Agreements using armaments whose strikes pose a serious threat to the life and health of our residents as well as to civil infrastructure and houses, and secondly, it provides new confirmation of its withdrawal from the additional ceasefire control measures which were officially coordinated in July 2020, and from which Kiev withdrew as early as September,” the DPR Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Representatives of the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics spoke on the sidelines of the UN Security Council last week. At the Arria formula meeting that took place after the “Normandy Four” summit, the diplomats presented an overview of the military situation in the region and Minsk talks problems. For its part, Kiev continued to insist that Ukraine had complied with all the decisions of the “Normandy Four” countries summit, such as the ceasefire, the most important of them.*jk