No plans to cancel Victory Day parade in DPR, but it may be spectatorless – Pushilin

No plans to cancel Victory Day parade in DPR, but it may be spectatorless – Pushilin

April 09, 2020 17:24

09.05.2019

Donetsk, Apr 9 – DAN. The Donetsk People’s Republic capital might hold a spectatorless Victory Day parade for the first time, DPR Head Denis Pushilin said at a video conference of the Donetsk Republic social movement’s Health Movement Headquarters on Thursday.

“Indeed, the issue is important, it’s everybody’s concern because holding a parade on the75th anniversary (of the Great Victory – eds Donetsk News Agency) is particularly important,” Pushilin said.

“I’ll tell you what: it’s going to be a last-minute decision. I’m inclined to think that we have to hold it regardless,” the DPR leader’s official website quoted him as saying.

He said that the parade might be spectatorless, and that DPR television channels would broadcast it live. “The parade must take place. So far nobody can predict how the situation will develop in the future. If the current setup remains, the parade will have to take place,” Pushilin said.

On March 14, the DPR went on high alert in connection with the threat of the coronavirus infection. The Republic cancelled all entertainment, cultural and public events and sport competitions while education institutions switched to online classes.*jk

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *

Подтвердите, что Вы не бот — выберите человечка с поднятой рукой: