Security subgroup to propose four new disengagement areas shortly – JCCC

Security subgroup to propose four new disengagement areas shortly – JCCC

September 02, 2020 16:37

Donetsk, Sep 2 – DAN. The security subgroup will soon locate four new areas for the disengagement of forces and hardware in Donbass and submit them for Contact Group’s approval, the Donetsk People’s Republic Office at the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination (JCCC) said on Tuesday.

“The parties managed to reach some accord concerning the coordinates of the four new areas; they will map them out in the nearest future and submit to the Contact Group participants for signing,” the JCCC said.

Earlier on Tuesday, the four subgroups on Donbass held video conferences. The Contact Group video conference is scheduled for Wednesday.

The framework agreement on disengagement of forces in Donbass was signed in 2016. The objective was to disengage the warring sides avoiding the risk of clashes and shelling.  The document set three pilot security areas: Petrovskoye in the DPR (official name is Petrovskoye-Bogdanovka disengagement zone No 3) and Stanitsa Luganskaya and Zolotoye in the LPR.*jk